20050927

Well Well!

Some good news at last:

I got an anonymous tip that someone was looking for me; someone who 1) has a job for me to do AND 2) has information on my father. A sort-of kill-two-bounty-hunters-with-one-shot deal.

I just got to get away from these rebels first. They're not a bad lot, but Luke has started following me around like a lost puppy, or an annoying little brother. I understand that, his entire remaining family was wiped out by the Imps, so it's not like he has anyone else left to turn to. Well, there's her worshipfulness, but he turns to jelly whenever she comes around.

Why *does* she keep coming around? Is it just to make Luke uncomfortable? Is it just to annoy me? It's probably just to get away from all the stuffy bureaucrats. I'd avoid 'em, too. Anyway. It's clear that Luke is still crushing on her. I make eyes at her when Luke is watching, just to rile him, but it's all in jest. I'd never move in on a friend's girl, and it's so obvious that those two will end up together. A farmboy and a princess? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. It's like a story out of a bad holo-flick. It just goes to show you, truth is stranger than fiction.

Anyway, Luke's been sleeping on the Falcon, even though the Rebs gave him quarters with the other pilots. Normally, that's fine, because he brings his droids, and R2 and I can spend the night gaming. But, if I'm going to go off and do a (potentially dangerous) job, I'd rather he not come with me.

So, I'll have to wait until he goes on a mission, and just not be here when he gets back. Then, meet my contact on Polis Massa (talk about your out-of-the-way locations!), do the job, collect the information, and come back. I may even be back before Luke!

What could possibly go wrong?

Mood: Eager.
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

"What could possibly go wrong?"

I have a bad feeling about this.

9/27/2005 08:54:00 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

"So, I'll have to wait until he goes on a mission, and just not be here when he gets back."

Great way to treat a friend, Solo. LOL!

9/27/2005 11:38:00 PM  

<< Home